L E G A C Y O F L O V E A R T I S T I C
C R A F T S B L O G

Unique Crafts with Whimsy and Simple How Tos, Repurposing Interesting Items, Paper Arts, Antiques, Jewelry Making, Decorating, Old Time Family Photos and Memorabilia and life with our Kota dog
FOUND HERE -INSPIRATIONAL, SILLY, WHIMSICAL, WITTY AND FUN STUFF - SOMETIMES EVEN A LITTLE SASSY

Sunday, February 21, 2010

BIRTHDAY BOTTLE BABY

I made this birthday bottle baby for my niece's birthday
(We celebrated her birthday tonight at my sister's house)

My inspiration came from the "Snow" People featured
in the "Cloth, Paper and Scissors" magazine a few
years ago at Christmas time. Love that
magazine!

I used a small perfume type bottle and glued
a plastic multi fauceted gem for the head
(purchased a bagful of these at Michael's)

I then glued on embellishments (the ribbons and hat)
The hat is simply the metal bottle cap of another bottle.
For the hair I used a very faint yellow yarn which I pulled apart
to soften it which in turn gave the look and feel of real hair.
I then glued on a flower to the hat, wrapped an old earring
around the neck with wire and then added the silver
pipe cleaners in a loop over the head.
I picked up the Happy Birthday
sign at a cake decorating shop
and attached that with a
silver pipe cleaner.

For the eyes, nose and mouth,
I used stick on rhinesones
in round shapes for the eyes
and a heart shape for the mouth
and a tiny round shape for the nose (which
is hardly seen in the photos).

The birthday bottle baby was a success
and we had a great time at the
party but now
it's time to say goodnight
to all and may your blessings
be ever so bountiful.

1 comment: