L E G A C Y O F L O V E A R T I S T I C
C R A F T S B L O G

Unique Crafts with Whimsy and Simple How Tos, Repurposing Interesting Items, Paper Arts, Antiques, Jewelry Making, Decorating, Old Time Family Photos and Memorabilia and life with our Kota dog
FOUND HERE -INSPIRATIONAL, SILLY, WHIMSICAL, WITTY AND FUN STUFF - SOMETIMES EVEN A LITTLE SASSY

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BEADED NECKLACE AND EARRINGS

Hi Everyone, Hope your day was really nice and blessed! Here is a necklace with a pair of earrings I made last year.  I pretty much give most of the jewelry away as gifts so will have to sometime soon make more for this blog. All I did here was string some beads on a line of beading string adding a pendant at the 1/2
mark.  (all items found at my local craft store). I use the heaviest string I can for added durability. After I was done adding beads I simply knoted the string and ran the ends in the opening of one of the beads at the end and applied some craft glue to keep it in place.(I first made sure it was long enough to slip over my head - no clasp, no fuss!) The next time I make some jewelry I will include simple instructions. If you want to try your hand at making jewelry remember there are so many resources available to get you started. All it really takes is a desire and a little creativity.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Jules! This set can be worn with just about everything. I expecially like the no clasp, no fuss part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie; cool mirror! You know that I like old stuff like that. Where on earth did you get it? ~ Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ~ Kota DOES look goofy! ~ Jimmy

    ReplyDelete