L E G A C Y O F L O V E A R T I S T I C
C R A F T S B L O G

Unique Crafts with Whimsy and Simple How Tos, Repurposing Interesting Items, Paper Arts, Antiques, Jewelry Making, Decorating, Old Time Family Photos and Memorabilia and life with our Kota dog
FOUND HERE -INSPIRATIONAL, SILLY, WHIMSICAL, WITTY AND FUN STUFF - SOMETIMES EVEN A LITTLE SASSY

Friday, June 10, 2011

Yum

Earlier this week, my office had a going away party
since our office is closing next week
I made an overnight, layered salad 
I had never made one before
Much to my surprise 
it was absolutely delicious and oh so pretty!

This salad is made the night before 

I layered the salad in this order:
1 bag of mixed romaine lettuce
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup of chopped red onion
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

 I added some more romaine lettuce
and added more of the layered ingredients above
to make thin layers again at the top of the salad

I then mixed one cup of mayo (I used Kraft with olive oil)
with1/2 cup of milk (I used fat free organic)
and dill seasoning

And then poured it on top of the salad,
and spread it to pretty much cover the top.
After that I added some shredded cheese on top of that
and garnished with some bacon bits (in a jar)
and cut English cucumbers.

We had fried chicken, baked chicken, barbecue,
pasta salad, baked beans, lasagna, cakes,
and so much more.

We also had
chocolate strawberries (yum!)

and other goodies

And after all this good stuff
I even lost about 1/2 pound this week
Amazing!


I am linking to the following 
blog parties at:
The Shabby Nesthttp://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2009/02/introducing-foodie-friday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment