L E G A C Y O F L O V E A R T I S T I C
C R A F T S B L O G

Unique Crafts with Whimsy and Simple How Tos, Repurposing Interesting Items, Paper Arts, Antiques, Jewelry Making, Decorating, Old Time Family Photos and Memorabilia and life with our Kota dog
FOUND HERE -INSPIRATIONAL, SILLY, WHIMSICAL, WITTY AND FUN STUFF - SOMETIMES EVEN A LITTLE SASSY

Thursday, February 17, 2011

TIMELESS LOVE

This is the photo wallet my dad 
carried around with him

WANNA SEE WHAT'S INSIDE????




A small pocket size 1943 calendar

This is interesting, anyone remember these?
anyone know what they were?

There she is, my mom

Oh my goodness, here she is again:

AND NOW FOR SOME RANDOM PHOTOS
OF THE LOVEBIRDS:
 Proud Navy pilot

 She's no doubt writing a love letter to her future hubby to be or maybe just jotting  something silly in her secret diary! 
Through the years when he was away they sent many love letters to each other...

You just gotta love those dress whites!

I am dedicating my blog to my parents
and their beautiful love story-
 just waiting to be told,
this month, all month long.. 
for more on their love story
please check back all month long

don't forget to check previous
posts this month on their love story

I will soon post about their wedding
I am in the process of gathering information for that post

They were married 
64 years ago in
February.

HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING
MY PARENTS LOVE 
STORY SO FAR

I am linking this post to:







6 comments:

  1. That is an incredible keepsake and the photos are so incredible. Both of your parents were lookers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your posts are truly beautiful as are the photos of your parents during their courtship. i have scrolled down and read your previous posts..they are all heartwarming gems. thank you for sharing :) x Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special selection of blog post honoring your parents. The photos are great, but it is the story that had me!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mother has a real twinkle in her eye and they're both looking so happy. Their love story has been a delight to follow here on your pages. I'm glad you have so many photos of them, and thanks for sharing their story. It's truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love old vintage photography and family history. Cherish and protect these photos.

    Here is a post I did on veterans day with my dad's photos.
    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2010/11/veterans-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are fantastic. I really enjoy looking at vintage photos. And yours represent such a wonderful story, as well.

    Thanks for linking to the party.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete