L E G A C Y O F L O V E A R T I S T I C
C R A F T S B L O G

Unique Crafts with Whimsy and Simple How Tos, Repurposing Interesting Items, Paper Arts, Antiques, Jewelry Making, Decorating, Old Time Family Photos and Memorabilia and life with our Kota dog
FOUND HERE -INSPIRATIONAL, SILLY, WHIMSICAL, WITTY AND FUN STUFF - SOMETIMES EVEN A LITTLE SASSY

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Yesterday 
Was my first walk 
since before Christmas
My poor little garden
all buried in snow

At least the snow was melting
and my little garden friends were 
starting to show their faces again
This little tweeter was singing something 
and it wasn't 
the blues
As I walked away from my house
I saw this beautiful ray of
sunshine
and then looked down to see
lots of melted snow

as I made my way on my journey
I saw up ahead some icy
snow patches on the sidewalk

 I was having to dodge the ice and snow
At times it was a little tricky

I could see God's beauty everywhere
A pretty house across the lake
(I just love the snow draping the landscape)
Ooops guess my shadow doesn't know 
when it's time to leave
The lake covered in a sheet of ice
Very pretty
Yes, God's beauty is everywhere
I saw seagulls and ducks all over the place
some even resting on the ice in the water
This is the other lake across the street
The sky was amazing
About this time my feet
were starting to feel just a tad wet
so I started heading for home
I even saw someone riding
their bicycle 
After being cooped up inside 
for almost a week due to the snow
and cold
It felt so good to be outside
It was an almost warm 50 degrees
When I walked up to my house 
It seemed there was less snow in the garden
This walk really helped me think about
my New Year's resolutions
and as I walked I realized I just need
to keep mine simple:

* Walk more often
* Start the diet (again!)
* Spend more time with God
(reading my bible and prayer time)
actually if I do this one the other two
follow right behind.....

What are your New Year's resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. I like your resolutions! And I LOVE your photos! Looks very COLD but pretty! I'm going to set some goals...but haven't had time yet! heehee! Happy New Year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie ~ I have the exact same resolutions for this year. Where do those extra pounds come from anyway...?? :) I do believe that if I spend more time with God, that I will find the ambition to work out more and eat less.

    I also wanted to thank you so much for your prayers for Debbie and the sweet comment you left on my blog. We are all praying for miracles for her... Thank you....

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL pics Jules!!! Makes me want to go for a walk with my camera...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. Thanks for the pics of Gramma, mom, G. Gramma and G. Grampa. Love the site and the beautiful pics. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete