Introducing Mr and Mrs Pickle and little dill
Meet Ma Pickle:
Meet Pa Pickle:
Meet little Dill:
They are here to wish you
a very Merry Christmas!
I made a bunch of these
families and gave them away
as Christmas gifts last year
I saved the Pickle family
To make these really cute snow people
you'll need the following supplies:
* White anklet socks
(different sizes: Adult sock for Pa,
Child sock for Ma,
Baby sock for child)
* Pillow stuffing
* Bag of uncooked beans
* Fancy yarn
* Christmas picks from craft store
(I used the ones with white
and clear berry like balls)
* Glue that adheres to material
and other items like buttons, sequencs, etc.
* Angel dust or other glitter
1. Put enough beans in sock to fill up toe area
2. Stuff sock up to but not over the part of the sock
that is turned down with pillow stuffing
3. Turn down the top of the sock (there should be no stuffing in this area)
4. Wrap tiny rubber band around area 1/2 from the top of this turned down area
until it is wrapped tight.
5. You can cut across at the very top of the sock and fluff that area up
to make the top of a hat or you can leave it alone and form a hat with rounded top.
6. Glue on stick on sequences for eyes (I like using light green or blue)
7. Glue on small black sequences or buttons for mouth (use about 6 or 7 for the
larger socks and 4 or 5 for the smaller sock)
8. Cut a small triangle shape from the orange sponge and form to make a nose
9. Glue nose on
10. Wrap yarn around the neck and trim to look like a scarf
11. Cut one of the Christmas picks to use as an arm and glue on
12. Do the same with the other arm
(hint: You should be able to poke the pick into the snowman's side
and secure with some glue)
13. Glue on glitter or angel dust glitter
14. Spray or paint on clear craft varnish to protect areas that you used glitter and
other adornments on
Here they are again:
These are a little time consuming
but make a very nice,
Everyone I gave a family to
really fell in love with them.
We made a bunch of these about 7 years
ago for a church bazaar, which is
where I got this idea from.
The church bazaar snowpeople
were not quite as fancy as these.
I merely added the "pick" branches,
glitter and sequences.
By the way the card in the background is my
first Christmas card received
this year (from my newspaper carrier)
Isn't it pretty?