L E G A C Y O F L O V E A R T I S T I C
C R A F T S B L O G

Unique Crafts with Whimsy and Simple How Tos, Repurposing Interesting Items, Paper Arts, Antiques, Jewelry Making, Decorating, Old Time Family Photos and Memorabilia and life with our Kota dog
FOUND HERE -INSPIRATIONAL, SILLY, WHIMSICAL, WITTY AND FUN STUFF - SOMETIMES EVEN A LITTLE SASSY

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

Ok I admit it
I just am not a kitchen person
Not crazy about cooking anything 
But this year I volunteered to make
the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving

Of course I forgot to get more sugar
(found this out just a little while ago
 while making the cranberry sauce)

Not a good thing to forget
the night before Thanksgiving
while in my pj's and most stores
closed by now

So I am heating the cranberries,
add water, some high pulp
o.j. and the little bit of sugar I have left
in the bag when all of a sudden
I decide to check my cabinets
again just in case there is a bag
of sugar hiding in the corner 
or something

No sugar in those cabinets
but
Guess what is staring at
me on the 2nd shelf?

A package of cranberry jello!
Yes that's right 
CRANBERRY JELLO

I pull that little box off the shelf
and quickly glance at the ingredients
Low and behold SUGAR !

doot-doot-do-do
Jello to the rescue

So I mix some of the jello package
into my cranberry concoction
(not sure how much I added
but it was more than 1/2 of the bag
and less than 3/4)

As my cranberry sauce is 
cooling on the counter 
I grab a spoon for a taste test

Ymmm... but could be just a tad sweeter

What to do..What to do...

Ah ha I spot honey on the counter
Could I really use that?
but
after pondering that for a moment
I am not sure about using honey as 
it may be too heavy of a taste
so I decide to check the cabinet 
one more time

Woo hoo some brown sugar
Nice big bag of it too.
(who could ask for anything more?)

Now follow me here
I do not normally measure
anything,
I like to experiment
(I hate reading directions too
especially when putting things together) 

after a little prayer
I add some brown sugar and o.j 
to the 2nd batch of cranberries
now on the stove and as
they are starting to pop 
I mix this concoction really well 
and go for my 2nd taste test

That actually was pretty good
but could taste the brown sugar
wasn't sure if that was good or not

I was afraid everyone
would think it was weird
to add the brown sugar
so
I quickly went to my computer
and googled 
cranberries and brown sugar

I couldn't believe my eyes
there were recipes after recipes
of cranberry sauce made 
with brown sugar
so I felt better

I then mixed the newer batch
with the older batch 
and it is on the counter cooling

I just tasted again and 
it is really really good


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE 



1 comment: